5 Surprising Ways Lemon Can Help With Acid Reflux And Heartburn
March 28, 2023
Acid reflux is one of the most common problems affecting millions of people of all ages. It is a feeling of a burning sensation that happens when some of the stomach's acid content flows into the oesophagus. Having acid reflux or heartburn affects our day-to-day tasks and leaves us in discomfort and pain. While many remedies and treatments are available, the one ingredient that fights acid reflux better than others is lemon.
Let's talk about the amazing properties of lemon that make it help with acid reflux and heartburn. Some of them are:
Lemon is Alkaline
One of the surprising ways lemon can help with acid reflux and heartburn is by being alkaline. While lemons are acidic, they become alkaline-forming when metabolised in the body. The alkaline nature of lemons help neutralise the acid in your stomach, which can help reduce symptoms of acid reflux and heartburn.
Stimulates Digestive Enzymes
Lemon contains citric acid, which stimulates the production of digestive enzymes that help break down food. The citric acid in lemons can stimulate the production of digestive enzymes, which can help prevent indigestion and other digestive problems. This can help ease digestion and prevent symptoms of acid reflux and heartburn. Lemon juice can also help increase bile production, making the digestion of fatty foods easier.
Rich in Vitamin C
Lemon is an excellent source of vitamin C, an essential nutrient the body needs to function properly. Vitamin C helps boost the immune system and reduce inflammation, which can be beneficial for you to get relief from acid reflux and heartburn symptoms.
Helps to Detoxify the Liver
Another surprising way lemon
is good for acidity is that it aids digestion process by detoxifying the liver. The liver plays a key role in digestion and eliminating toxins from the body. When the liver is functioning properly, it can help to reduce the likelihood of digestive problems like acid reflux and heartburn.
Various Ways to Use Lemon
Lemon can be used in various ways to help alleviate symptoms of acid reflux and heartburn. Here are some different ways to use lemon for this purpose:
1. Lemon Water: Drinking lemon water is one of the simplest ways to incorporate lemon into your diet. Squeeze half a lemon into a glass of warm water and drink it first thing in the morning or throughout the day. This will help to reduce the acidity in your stomach, alleviating symptoms of acid reflux and heartburn.
2. Lemon Tea: Another way to use lemon is by making lemon tea. Simply boil water and steep a slice of fresh lemon in hot water for a few minutes. This can help to soothe your stomach and alleviate symptoms of acid reflux and heartburn.
3. Lemon Juice: Adding lemon juice to your meals is another way to incorporate lemon into your diet. You can add lemon juice to salads, sauces, and dressings. This will help to stimulate digestion and reduce the likelihood of acid reflux and heartburn.
4. Lemon Smoothies: Another great way to incorporate this citrus fruit into your diet is by adding it to your smoothies. You can blend fresh lemon juice or slices with fruits like banana, pineapple, and mango for a refreshing and healthy drink.
5. Lemon Zest: Lemon zest, the grated outer layer of the lemon peel, is equally beneficial for acid reflux. You can add lemon zest to baked goods, desserts, and savoury dishes for added flavour and digestive benefits.
While lemon has various benefits to relieve acidity, it may not suit your body. Everyone's body is different; some people experience aggravated symptoms on taking lemon. Know your body better and experiment with different forms of lemon to find out which works the best for you.
Using lemon for acid reflux may or may not work wonders for you, but we know one thing that works for everyone, Gas-O-Fast.
The 100% Ayurvedic solution of Gas-O-Fast makes it suitable for people of all ages without any side effects. You can add a sachet of Gas-O-Fast to a glass of water and use it easily and effectively. Its Asli Jeera flavour gives a refreshing taste while taking your acidity problems away. So go, grab a few sachets from BlinkIt and you are ready to fight acidity.
Disclaimer This blog solely intended for the educational/informational/awareness purposes and is not a substitute for any professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please consult your doctor/healthcare professional before acting on the information provided on the blog. Reliance on any or all information provided in the blog, is solely at your own risk and responsibility. Mankind Pharma Limited shall not be held liable, in any circumstance whatsoever.