Indian homes thrive on tasty and flavorful food that is home-cooked. Sunday’s favorite chole-bhature or finger-licking Jalebis, a strong cup of tea, or a cold glass of coffee everything, is irresistible. While no one can escape mom’s food, you can escape indigestion and gas. Indigestion, also called dyspepsia or upset stomach, generally causes digestive problems and symptoms, like abdominal pain and a feeling of fullness. Symptoms of indigestion are burning, bloating, burping and gas, nausea, acidic taste, and a growling stomach. Indigestion can also be a symptom of diseases, so the treatment lies on the underlying cause. Let’s learn how to prevent indigestion. First, It's important to understand what causes indigestion.
1. Eating small meals at intervals of time helps in easy digestion.
2. Eating at a slow pace and not rushing helps proper digestion.
3. One should avoid very spicy food as it irritates the stomach.
4. Avoid food containing high amounts of acids, like citrus fruits and tomatoes, as it causes acidity.
5. Caffeine-containing products should also be avoided because they relax the esophageal sphincter, which is a common trigger for acid reflux.
6. Lower stress levels also help with digestion. Meditation proves to be a beneficial tool to manage stress levels.
7. It's best to refrain from drinking alcohol and smoking. 8. Exercising on a full stomach is not helpful in proper digestion.
9. One should not lie down just after eating and should consume food at least 3 hours before getting into bed with an elevated head.
10. It is advisable to stay at a healthy weight. Extra weight puts pressure on the stomach and lower esophagus. While prevention is better than cure, here are also some natural home remedies for gastric problems to take care of you.
Chewing gum is also a way as it reduces the acid in the esophagus. One more way out can be eating bananas as the carbohydrates they contain are easily digested, eradicating the causes of gas.
While all this works for your relief, they tend to take their own sweet time. If you want quick results, the Gas-O-Fast Asli jeera drink can be your real friend as a friend in need is a friend indeed. The solution works effectively against acidity and brings quick relief in no time. It is packed with the wellness of Ayurveda that travels directly to the source of acidity, neutralizing the acid, and providing your system quick relief. It is light in the pocket and readily available, so you can carry it everywhere.
Disclaimer This blog solely intended for the educational/informational/awareness purposes and is not a substitute for any professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please consult your doctor/healthcare professional before acting on the information provided on the blog. Reliance on any or all information provided in the blog, is solely at your own risk and responsibility. Mankind Pharma Limited shall not be held liable, in any circumstance whatsoever.