Dreading mealtimes because of what comes after? Has acid reflux nearly ruined your relationship with food? You are not alone. Acid reflux is one of the most common non-threatening health ailments and the number of people suffering from it is increasing dramatically. Our dietary habits and lifestyle choices are largely to blame for this development. The good news, however, is that the cure lies in our hands as well. Acid reflux can be treated by choosing healthy and nutritious food and also by lowering the intake of junk food, ensuring regular mealtimes and basic minimum exercise every day. You really don't have to let that burning feeling in your chest and throat get you down anymore.
Here are some proven safe and natural remedies for acid reflux. Treat this issue with 7 safe natural and effective ways.
Apple cider vinegar
Acid reflux occurs when an excess amount of acid is produced in the stomach. Eating a diet high in sugar and processed items contribute to the formation of acid. Apple cider vinegar neutralizes acids because it encourages alkalinity. It also contains enzymes which aid the overall digestion process. Consume a maximum of one to three tablespoons of apple cider vinegar every day and especially before mealtimes for best results.
Working similar to apple cider vinegar above, lemon juice neutralizes stomach acid production by encouraging alkalinity. Consuming a tablespoon of lemon juice (freshly squeezed) about ten minutes before mealtime can prevent acid reflux.
This miracle root boosts the digestion process, encourages production of bile and proper breakdown of food in the entire digestive tract. Whether consumed raw or brewed as tea, fresh ginger is one of the best ways to treat acid reflux.
This plant fights inflammation and helps irritated tissues to relax. Mix the translucent flesh and clear gel of the plant with orange juice to prevent acid reflux and to calm down the digestive tract. Having this juice mix first thing in the morning can help with existing acid reflux symptoms as well. Be careful to remove the outer portion of the leaves, since they contain a potent laxative.
In Ayurveda, Fennel is recommended as a fantastic digestive aid, and it is common practice in India to chew on Fennel seeds at the end of a meal. They are loaded with minerals and vitamins and contain a compound known as Anethole, which helps the stomach to relax. This ultimately prevents acid reflux. Fennel can be chewed raw or the seeds can be crushed and steeped in boiling water to drink as a post-meal tea.
Eating a banana a day keeps the digestive blues away! They have a natural antacid effect and coat the stomach lining to prevent acid reflux related pains. Bananas also contain digestion producing enzymes which are a definite yes for reducing acid reflux.
Change your eating habits
• Instead of three big meals, eat smaller, filling and nutritious meals multiple times a day. This reduces the burden on your stomach and ensures that partially digested food does not bubble up back through the food pipe to create that characteristic heartburn
• Take your time while eating. Chew slowly multiple times before swallowing. Enjoy the meal and don’t focus on finishing as fast as possible
• Eat at least three hours before bedtime
• Sleep partially upright and on your left side
• Heap your plate with green leafy vegetables and fresh fruits
• Hydrate your body and drink at least eight glasses of water each day
• Avoid sugary, spicy, starchy, oily, fried and processed foods. The basic rule of thumb is: If you cannot put it on your face, do not put it inside your body
• Eat complex carbohydrates
• Exercise regularly. Do a round of aerobic exercise such as speed walking, swimming, jump rope workout etc. These boost metabolism and stimulate the digestive capacity for faster and more productive results
• Resist the temptation to indulge in a late night snack
• Eat healthy options such as apples, mangoes, and watermelons to fulfill a sweet craving
• Quit smoking
• Avoid beverages such as tea, coffee, alcohol, drinks with added sugar, carbonated sodas and the like
Acidity can be treated by following a healthy lifestyle and eating habits. For relief from acidity, Gas-O-Fast is the number one option. Experience the soothing sensation immediately and have a discomfort-free day!
Disclaimer This blog solely intended for the educational/informational/awareness purposes and is not a substitute for any professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please consult your doctor/healthcare professional before acting on the information provided on the blog. Reliance on any or all information provided in the blog, is solely at your own risk and responsibility. Mankind Pharma Limited shall not be held liable, in any circumstance whatsoever.