Jeera or cumin seeds – an essential kitchen spice used almost in all kitchen recipes has a host of health benefits. It has been used to add flavor and the crunchy kick to food for decades. Well, Jeera has more benefits to offer just than in food. It is also very effective in improving your overall health especially the problem of gastritis and acid reflux.
Gastritis is a condition where the lining of a person’s stomach is affected and becomes inflated due to various causes such as excessive alcohol consumption, extended dosages for pain killers, Helicobacter pylori (H.pylori) bacteria, infection, or even stress. Gastric problem symptoms include nausea, sharp stomach ache, vomiting, stomach burning sensation, indigestion, bloating, loss of appetite, and feeling full even after a small meal. While there are many ways to avoid the gastric problem, Jeera works effectively to cure all gastric trouble and provide relief.
On the other hand, acid reflux is a very discomforting situation too. Caused due to improper functioning of our digestive processes, acid reflux can cause extreme stomach ache, bloating, stomach burning, acidity, and gas in the stomach. Acid reflux occurs when LES - lower esophageal sphincter (a valve at the stomach entrance) - is weakened and relaxes inappropriately causing digestive disorders where the contents of the stomach are returned to the esophageal. Normally, the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) opens to allow the food to pass swiftly through it to the stomach and closes right after to avoid any acid or juices from the stomach to flow back into it. But when the LES is weakened, the normal functioning is disturbed leading to the formation of acid in the stomach and heartburn.
While there are multiple over-the-counter drugs available for situations, gastritis, and acid reflux. Gas-O-Fast advises you to try Jeera to cure both problems. Gas-O-Fast also offers Gas-O-Fast Jeera sachets that can be you go-to-ally for quick relief in both discomforting situations. Jeera is a very effective cure for both problems and provides multiple benefits including:
• Jeera releases healthy enzymes that speed the digestion process of the body and aid in smooth breaking down of stern fat, sugars, and carbs. These enzymes released by the consumption of Jeera in the body promote healthy digestion and do not hamper the normal digestive processes of the body eventually eliminating all gastritis and acid reflux triggers.
• It is also rich in anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties that ensure a smooth digestion process.
• Jeera is also very low in calories and hence, pumps the metabolic rate of the body. Higher metabolic rate leads to proper breakdown and digestion of food, causing to swiftly flush away foods that cause gastritis or acid reflux.
• Jeera possesses a compound called ‘thymol’ which stimulates the digestion process and targets free radicals in the body helping it relieve the toxins.
• The ‘thymol’ compound present in Jeera also promotes the creation of healthier and newer cells - resulting in better health. The creation of healthier cells reduces the formation of acid in the stomach and lower gas troubles.
• Jeera is also enriched with fiber and minerals, both of which improve digestion and bowel movement in the body. Its rich functional properties help the body to carry-on with regular, undisturbed digestion. In fact, it supports the breaking down of sticky fat, unruly fatty oils, and other types of food that trigger acid reflux and gastritis.
• Jeera secretes digestive enzymes, reduces bloating, and prevents unnecessary retention of water in the body, thus leading to lower gas problems.
• Cumin or Jeera provides nutrients such as copper, potassium, manganese, iron, etc. that boost the digestion process causing the removal of toxins, excess water and leading to no formation of acid in the stomach or inflammation in the body.
To get instant relief through cumin seeds, take one sachet of Gas-O-Fast Jeera as soon as you experience acid reflux symptoms or gastritis. Apart from this, Gas-O-Fast suggests you try these simple methods to ensure you extract the maximum benefits of Jeera for gas and acid reflux.
• Method 1: You can take a tablespoon of cumin seeds, boil them in two cups of water for approximately 10-15 minutes until the essence is extracted into the water. Once done, let the water cool down after which you can strain the water and drink it after all three meals to get rid of acid reflux and gas problems.
• Method 2: Buy whole cumin seeds from the market, dry roast them in a pan until they gain that earthy and smoky flavor; allow them to cool before grinder them in a spice grinder or mortar and pestle.
• Method 3: Jeera benefits are best derived when soaked in water overnight and consumed empty stomach first thing in the morning after you get up. Jeera, when soaked in water, swells up and releases essential nutrients into the water resulting in an earthy yellow color.
Alternatively, Gas-O-Fast also offers Gas-O-Fast Sachet that contain digestive enzymes and can help cure both problems, giving you instant relief. These tablets are Ayurvedic with no side effects. However, if you experience acid reflux symptoms or gastritis problems frequently/more than twice a week – it is advisable to consult a doctor for deeper insights. Health is wealth!
Disclaimer This blog solely intended for the educational/informational/awareness purposes and is not a substitute for any professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please consult your doctor/healthcare professional before acting on the information provided on the blog. Reliance on any or all information provided in the blog, is solely at your own risk and responsibility. Mankind Pharma Limited shall not be held liable, in any circumstance whatsoever.