How to reduce bloating
October 03, 2022
You are enjoying your favourite meal, whether it’s chhole bhature, pizza or maa ke haath ke rajma chawal. You are in heaven- enjoying every bite of the food. But after a couple of hours, the familiar feeling of bloating sets in. The enjoyment is replaced with regret.
Your belly feels swollen, heavy and distended. You seem to be in discomfort now. Yep, that’s what bloating feels like.
Abdominal bloating occurs due to build up of gas in the gastrointestinal tract.
Around 16-30 percent of adults experience bloating. Thankfully, it’s a short term problem that can be resolved quickly. In this article, we will share some tips and home remedies to reduce bloating.
But before we delve into that, let’s understand more about some of the causes of bloating in more detail.
1. Identify the cause
The best way to tackle bloating is to determine its cause. Common triggers for bloating include:
- Digestive issues: Having food allergies and intolerances towards certain food items can lead to bloating. Often in such cases, bloating is a symptom of an underlying issue.
- Constipation: The colon is filled with bacteria, yeast and fungi which break down the foods not digested by the small intestine. The longer your stool stays there, the more time bacteria has to ferment what’s there, resulting in more gas and bloating.
- Hormonal changes: Many people experience bloating due to hormonal changes before and during their periods due to water retention and changes in levels of hormones.
2. Limit certain foods that trigger gas and bloating
Many people experience bloating right after having their meal. Certain specific food items that are known to trigger bloating are:
- Broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage
- Apples, pears and peaches
- Beans, lentils, and peas
- Carbonated drinks that are high in sugar or salt
3. Eating behaviours that cause gas and bloating
Eating behaviours such as talking while eating, chewing gum, drinking very hot or cold beverages, taking deep sighs can cause you to swallow air that gets trapped in. Thereby, contributing to the discomfort of bloating.
Tips to reduce bloating quickly:
Tried out all these tips yet found no help? No worries! Have the 3 in 1 solution of Gas-O-Fast Asli Jeera. The 100% Ayurvedic formula quickly acts on the symptoms. The activated power of jeera when mixed with a glass of water, relieves bloating and fortifies the digestive tract. Gas-O-Fast is the best home remedy for quick relief from bloating. It’s easy to prepare and quick in its work. Now eat the bloat with Gas-O-Fast!
- Go for a walk
- Take probiotics
- Try yoga asanas like child’s pose and happy baby pose
- Take warm bath
- Eat food in small portions
- Avoid food containing high amount of fats and salt
- Adequate fibre intake in the diet
- Avoid consuming excessive chewing gums
Disclaimer This blog solely intended for the educational/informational/awareness purposes and is not a substitute for any professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please consult your doctor/healthcare professional before acting on the information provided on the blog. Reliance on any or all information provided in the blog, is solely at your own risk and responsibility. Mankind Pharma Limited shall not be held liable, in any circumstance whatsoever.