Poori is a perfect companion to everything spicy and oily. They are also a sign of festivals and rich food. Although, it being deep fried adds on to issues like acidity, indigestion and heartburn. But, if you have the amazing Gas-O-Fast sachets with you at all times, you can easily binge on them with your favorite Chhole or Aloo sabzi and forget about the rest. Gas-O-Fast is available in yummy flavors: Jeera, Pudina and Ajwain. All these are known to be good acidity fighters and therefore, give you a yummy solution to this irritating acidity.
- Wheat Flour – 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 tblsp + for deep frying
- Water as needed
- Take wheat flour, salt in a bowl.
- Add in oil and rub it into the flour. Add water slowly and knead to stiff dough consistency.
- Rest the dough for 10 to 15 mins.
- Divide the dough into equal portions.
- Take a ball; roll it in an oiled surface till thin.
- Drop poori in oil, press on top till puffy, flip over and cook.
- Serve with your choice of curry or sabzi.
Image Courtesy: awesomecuisine.com