So, you are for a special occasion but worried because every time you eat all that delicious cuisine at a party, you suffer from acidity and heartburn. Let us accept the fact that everything we eat during the party is not good for our stomach, especially those who are prone to acidity and gas issues.
Eating large and indulgent meals, consuming too much alcohol or coffee, or simply eating late at night leads to heartburn and can make your life miserable when you want to enjoy to the fullest.
How about not letting heartburn hamper your party plans?
Make a smart choice while celebrating. Replace your every party with this easy and delicious recipe to avoid high-fat, greasy, or creamy ingredients.
Include ‘Anti-Heartburn’ Macaroni Salad in your party:
This higher-fiber macaroni salad features a low-fat and lightly seasoned dressing. You can easily add additional ingredients as tolerated.
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, higher omega-3 if available
- 2 cups dry whole wheat macaroni noodles
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes or 2 tablespoons fresh, finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste and as tolerated
- 3 tablespoons real or light mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt (fat-free sour cream can be substituted)
Optional Additions: (if tolerated):
3 finely chopped green onions (white and part of green)
1/4 cup finely chopped celery
1/4 cup finely chopped sweet or dill pickles
- Boil eggs and then boil the macaroni. Drain the pasta well and rinse with cold water to cool it.
- Place the pasta in serving bowl along with parsley, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Take a small bowl and blend mayonnaise with Greek yogurt and then stir into the noodle mixture in serving bowl.
- Remove half of the yolks of the eggs. Chop remaining eggs and stir into the macaroni mixture. Cover and let macaroni salad sit in the refrigerator overnight (if you have the time).
Yield: 8 side servings (double recipe to make 16)
The party doesn’t mean ruining your stomach. Keep it healthy and enjoy each moment with your loved ones. In case, you are still affected by acidity, heartburn, gas, and bloating then take Gas-O-Fast; your all time solution.
Image courtesy: blogspot