Papad ki curry is a very famous and much loved Rajasthani dish. It has however found its way to kitchens all over India. People love this spicy dish for its yummy flavor and easy recipe. Today we are sharing with you this amazing yet simple recipe that has a power packed chili punch. Make sure to have Gas-O-Fast in case you get acidity. Why sacrifice food because of acidity?
- 4 plain papad I am using plain urad dal 8” diameter- Papadam
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds – jeera
- 1/8 teaspoon asafetida – hing
- 2 whole red chili dried
- 2 cups of plain yogurt, sour yogurt works better – curd, dahi
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded ginger
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder – lal mirch
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric – haldi
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder – dhania
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds – mathi dana
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro – hara dhania
- Wash and soak fenugreek seeds for about 5 minutes, and change the water 3-4 times, this will reduce the bitterness from the fenugreek seeds. Drain the water and set aside.
- Break the papad in small pieces. Set aside.
- In a bowl beat the yogurt until it is smooth. Add ginger, chili powder, turmeric, coriander powder, and fenugreek seeds and mix it well.
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan over medium heat, oil should be moderately hot. Add cumin seeds as seeds crack add asafetida and whole red chilies lower the heat.
- Add yogurt mix and cook over low heat stir continuously. Let it boil for 2-3 minutes. Add about 1 cup of water and cook for 3-4 minutes after gravy comes to boil.
- Add salt and papad mix it and let it cook for 3-4 minutes. Turn off the heat add cilantro. Papad ki curry is ready to serve.
Image Courtesy: ManjulasKitchen