From giving that speech in front of a huge audience to getting butterflies in your tummy, our psychological health is connected to our gastrointestinal health. In a study it was found out that stress is one of the biggest factors to trigger acidity or heartburn. In these contemporary times, it is too difficult to avoid stress; but we can surely lessen the cause and the probability of suffering from it.
So how do we reduce the chances of suffering from stress induced heartburn?
- Meditation and Exercise: Exercise is proven to be very helpful for relief and clearing your mind. Other common tools for stress reduction are meditation, laughter, yoga and learning relaxation skills such as deep breathing and positive visualization.
- No Sugar/ Fructose Diet: It will surprise you how following a no sugar diet regime rejuvenates your mind, body and soul. It is the evil root cause of most of the lifestyle related issues including stress and acidity.
- Eating Fermented Foods: Food products like probiotic yoghurt, curd, lassi and buttermilk are good foods to reduce stress induced acidity. The probiotic bacteria enhance the power of the protective layer in our stomach; thus, reducing the chance of acidity.
- Having a good sleep: Uninterrupted sleep is one of the main reasons why some people are always fresh, rejuvenated and happy. Try and keep away from distractions like mobile phone, TV etc when you are about to sleep. Clear your mind of all the tension and just let go of yourself.
- Gas-O-Fast: Keeping a sachet of Gas-O-Fast handy is a very good idea. All the methods that we mentioned will take some time to be a part of your lifestyle and till then you can never be 100% sure of your safety from stress induced acidity. Just a gulp with some water and you will find yourself relieved from acidity.
Image courtesy: fthmb