Peanut Crackers find their way in every household on every occasion. They are in huge demand because people think it is almost impossible to replicate the recipe at home. Well, we are here to debunk this myth. Read on for this yummy, spicy recipe and keep Gas-O-Fast handy to avoid acidity. Enjoy your own Masaledar Moongfali this festive season!
- Raw peanuts – 150 grams (1 cup)
- Gram flour – 35 grams (1/3 cup)
- Water – 1/3 cup
- Salt – as per taste (1/2 tsp)
- Red chili powder -less than 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Turmeric powder – less than 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
- Mango powder – 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda – 1 pinch
- Oil – for frying peanuts (2 cup)
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chaat masala – 1 tsp
Servings: 1 Cup/Plateful
- Clean the peanuts, thoroughly. Strain the gram flour through a sieve. Add some water to it and stir until all lumps dissolve completely. Now add rest of the water as well and whisk the gram flour batter for 3 to 4 minutes and keep it aside for 2 to 3 minutes so that batter gets fluffy.
- Add salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, mango powder, coriander powder, baking soda and 1 to 2 tsp oil in the batter. Mix peanuts in the batter.
- Take some oil in a wok and heat it sufficiently. Now place these batter coated peanuts in oil, one by one, gently. After this, reduce the flame and fry until the coating of peanuts turns brown in color. Take out the fried peanuts on a plate lined with tissue paper.
- Sprinkle red chili powder and chaat masala over the fried peanuts and mix well. Keep them as it is for 1 hour for cooling.
- Peanut Crackers are ready!