Red Chili Chutney is a perfectly yummy, fiery and spicy condiment to any savory dish you can think of. It adds huge amount of flavor to any bland curry too.
We have this amazing recipe for you to enjoy and store. This chutney has a long shelf life and don’t go bad for quite some time. Just store it in a sterilized jar and refrigerate. However, for the acidity caused by red chilies, make sure you have Gas-O-Fast with you. Choose from its amazing range of flavors; Jeera, Pudina and Ajwain.
- Dry Red Chillies – 12
- Garlic – 15 cloves
- Tamarind – 1 tblspn
- Salt to taste
- Mustard Oil – 6 tblspn
- Mustard Seeds– 1 tsp
- Soak dry red chillies in warm water for 10 mins.
- Drain them; add it to a blender, along with garlic, tamarind, salt. Add very little water and make it into a fine puree.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add in mustard seeds and let it splatter.
- Add in the chutney and cook on low heat till oil separates.
- Serve with any savory dish of your choice.
Note: You can store the leftover chutney in fridge and use upto 1 week
Image Courtesy: dasterkhawan.com