It is chilling winter and if you are looking for something to boost your immune system while taking care of your acidity then this smoothie blend is your perfect friend. It is a smoothie with carrot juice, ginger, turmeric, pineapple and banana! An anti-inflammatory, immune-boosting smoothie that’s perfect for breakfast or a snack.
Recipe type: Beverage
- 250 grams carrots
- 350 ml filtered water
- 1 large ripe banana, sliced and frozen (more for a sweeter smoothie)
- 140 grams frozen or fresh pineapple
- 1 small knob peeled ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 120 ml carrot juice
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice (1/2 small lemon)
- 1 cup (240 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- Make carrot juice by adding carrots and filtered water to a high speed blender until completely smooth.
- Drape a large, thin dish towel over a mixing bowl and pour over the juice. Then lift up on the corners of the towel and begin twisting and squeezing the juice out until all of the liquid is extracted. Set aside pulp for smoothies, or baked goods (such as carrot muffins).
- Transfer carrot juice to a mason jar
- To the blender add smoothie ingredients and blend on high until creamy and smooth.
- Add more carrot juice or almond milk if it has trouble blending. Scrape down sides as needed.
- Divide between two glasses and serve.
Note: It is best when fresh.
Well, sometimes things don’t work out well and you suffer acidity and heartburn despite taking care good care of your diet. In that case, always carry a sachet of Gas-O-Fast with you to relieve you of problems like flatulence, heartburn, bloating and acidity instantly.
Image Courtesy: 1mhealthtips