Spicy Bread pakoras are a perfect companion to evening tea. One can never have enough of these beauties and this can sometimes lead to acidity or heartburn. But why do you worry? Make sure you have Gas-O-Fast and continue with your food trysts!
- 4 slices of firm white bread
- 1 cup besan
- 1 tablespoon rice flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of heeng
- 1 teaspoon jeera
- 2 finely chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup chopped dhaniya
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons of water
- Oil to fry
Servings: 12 pieces
- Remove the crust from all sides of the bread.
- Slice the bread lengthwise into 3 equal parts.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together: besan, rice flour, heeng, jeera, and salt.
- Add the water slowly to make a smooth batter.
- Next, add the green chilies and cilantro. Mix well.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium high heat.
- Frying pan should have at least 11/2 inch of oil.
- Dip the bread slices in the batter one at a time and slowly drop into the frying pan.
- Turn them occasionally. Fry the Pakoras until both sides are golden-brown.
- Repeat this process. The crispy, delicious Bread Pakoras are ready to serve.
Image Courtesy: Youtube user