Bharwan Mirch or Stuffed Green Chili Peppers have been an all time favorite amongst Indians. The peppy flavor and a hot aftertaste play an awesome game with our taste buds. But with everything, having too much of these can result in gastric problems; specifically acidity and heartburn.
But worry not friends, we have just the thing for you; an amazing acidity fighting product called Gas-O-Fast. It will make sure you get that instant acidity relief when too many stuffed chilies play their dirty game with your stomach.
- Chili peppers : 4 (Big Green Chilies we use for Pickles)
- 4 tbsp Grated coconut
- 1 medium Red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 tbsp Bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Finely chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 cup Shredded cheddar or Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut (lengthwise) the chili in half. Discard the seeds. Do not touch the seeds and membrane with your hand and they will burn for sure.
- Drop the chilies in boiling water for couple of minutes, drain and let it dry.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan, and then brown the sliced onion for few moments.
- Once the onions are browned evenly, add all the ingredients for filling and season it well with salt and pepper.
- Stir for few moments on low heat. Take off the heat and add bread crumbs in it. Mix them well.
- Let the filling cool slightly before stuffing the chili peppers.
- With the help of a teaspoon, fill the halved chili peppers with coconut mixture and top each of them with cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F for 15-20 minute or until the cheese melts.
Serve the stuffed chili pepper immediately.
Image Courtesy: rkhd.in