You can’t be sad when you are holding a smoothie. In fact, your stomach too will be happy with the apple, cucumber, and fennel Smoothie.
Apple is rich in insoluble and soluble fiber (pectin) which provides bulk to the stool and softens it so that it passes easily through the digestive system.
Cucumber is a great detoxifying agent because the water present in this vegetable is fully loaded with healthy enzymes that help in flushing out toxins from the digestive tract, thereby reducing problems of acid reflux, heartburn, and acidity.
Fennel seeds are known to stimulate the secretion of digestive and gastric juices while reducing inflammation of the stomach and intestines to facilitate proper absorption of nutrients from the food. Apart from that fennel seeds present in this smoothie give it a cooling effect that heals the burns and inflammation of the intestines.
- Apple – 1
- Cucumber – 1
- Lettuce – 1 Head
- Fennel Seeds – 1 and a 1/2 Teaspoon
- Remove all the seeds from the apple.
- Peel the cucumber and cut into rough pieces, chop the lettuce. Put all the components in a blender and mix well.
- Add a teaspoon of soaked fennel seeds in it and add some water if the mixture is too dry.
- Enjoy its cool taste and keep your stomach healthy at the same time.
Still, acidity is often inevitable and the instant solution to acidity and heartburn is a sachet of Gas-O-Fast.
Image courtesy: simplewellnessfood