Aloo Kachoris have the power to make anybody drool just by their mention. They can be consumed at any time or place or occasion and the love for them never fades away.
But Aloo Kachori lovers also have the tendency to suffer from acidity and that is why we have
Gas-O-Fast. It is available in yummy flavors like Jeera, Pudina, Ajwain and Saunf. Make sure you keep them with you when you overeat on these delicious Aloo Kachoris.
- Maida or Atta – 2 cup (250 grams)
- Oil – ¼ cup (60 grams)
- Salt – more than ½ tsp or to taste
- Oil – for frying
- Potatoes – 4 to 5 (250 to 300 grams) (boiled)
- Green coriander – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Green chilli – 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger – ½ inch piece (grated)
- Red chilli powder – ¼ to ½ tsp
- Garam masala – ¼ tsp
- Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Aamchur powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – ¾ tsp or as per taste
- Wash and boil the potatoes. Peel and place them in a bowl.
- Take the flour in any big mixing bowl and to it add salt and oil. Mix everything nicely.
- Then add water in small portions and knead soft dough same as required for making chapattis.
- Cover and keep aside the dough for 20 minutes to set.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan or a wok. Then add finely chopped green chilies, grated ginger and sauté for a while.
- Now add coriander powder, cumin powder, crumbled potatoes to the pan, followed by red chilli powder, mango powder, garam masala powder, salt and finely chopped green coriander. Mix everything really well.
- Saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Keep the flame low.
- Turn off the flame and transfer it to another bowl to let it cool down quickly.
- Pinch small lump from the dough and roll into round shape.
- Now place 2 tsp stuffing to it and close back into a round shape.
- Flatten them into round discs, keeping them little thick. Likewise stuff all the kachoris.
- Heat enough oil in a wok.
- Slide the aloo kachoris to medium hot oil.
- When the kachoris become puffy and are roasted from beneath, flip the sides and fry until they get golden brown in color. Keep the flame medium-low to get crusty-crispy kachoris.
- Drain out the fried kachoris on absorbent paper and similarly fry all the kachoris. Aloo kachoris are now ready to serve.
- Serve these tempting and mouth drooling aloo kachoris steaming hot with green coriander chutney or sweet chutney or tomato sauce and relish eating.
Image Courtesy: youtube user