Aloo Bondas are an all time favorite of our country. Irrespective of the occasion or time of the day, we all love some Aloo Bonda and a cold drink or tea or coffee. You can binge on them as much as you want but make sure to keep Gas-O-Fast sachet handy as too much of these yummy yet oily and spicy Aloo Bondas can cause acidity.
But this yummy snack has been a mystery to many when it comes to perfecting the recipe. Today, we simplify the recipe for you to enjoy the delicious Aloo Bondas in the comfort of your home.
- 6 boiled, mashed, peeled potatoes
- 1 cup Rice flour
- 3 medium finely chopped green chili
- 2 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1 1/2 cup Refined oil
- 2 cup Gram flour (Besan)
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoon salt
Servings: 5 Aloo Bondas
- Boil, peel and mash the potatoes. Heat little oil in a pan over medium flame.
- Saute the onions, ginger and green chilies until onions turn light brown. Add salt and red chili powder.
- Stir well and add the potatoes. Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Remove from flame and keep aside to cool.
- Mix the rice flour and gram flour in a large bowl.
- Add enough water, salt and mix well to a thick, pourable batter.
- When the potato filling is cool enough to handle, make small balls of the mixture.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium flame.
- Dip the potato balls in the batter and carefully add to the hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown and remove. Drain excess oil and serve hot with chutney or sauce.
Image Courtesy: wikihow